Applications for Luna Lab Fellowships and Adventures in Sound courses are open each year in late summer/early fall. For eligibility requirements, important dates, tuition, and financial aid information see below.
To apply to the Luna Lab Fellowship you will need to include at least one completed musical work. We prefer a notated score and recording, but will also accept a recording of a purely electronic work, or a video of a performance. You can also, in addition to this completed work, send a proposal for a work you would like to write or are imagining (this is optional). To apply to Adventures in Sound courses, you will need to answer a few written statements.
The 2022-2023 Luna Composition Lab Program Application is available here:
- Applicants should be age 13-18 (priority is given to students who have not attended college)
- Applicants must be female, nonbinary, or gender-nonconforming composers
- If you have received a Luna Lab Fellowship you are not eligible to apply again
- If you have participated in Adventures in Sound, you are welcome to take the course again or apply to the Fellowship program
- For questions about eligibility, write to email@example.com
- September 15: Application Opens
- October 15: Application Closes
- October 24: Applicants Notified
Luna Lab Fellowship will run from November 1 through June 30. Lesson times are coordinated individually between selected fellows and mentors. The end of year festival will take place in late May / early June.
Adventures in Sound: Composers’ Toolkit will run on Tuesday evenings from 7 – 8 PM (Eastern) from November 1 through December 20.
Adventures in Sound: Exploring Inspiration will run on Tuesday evenings from 7 – 8 PM (Eastern) from February 7 through April 4. The class will not be held on February 21.
- Luna Lab Fellowship: $800
- Adventures in Sound: Composers’ Toolkit: $240
- Adventures in Sound: Exploring Inspiration: $240
SCHOLARSHIPS & FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Scholarships are available for students who demonstrate financial need. If travel costs to New York City pose a financial challenge, please still apply. While we cannot guarantee that we will cover all travel costs, funding is available to help facilitate Fellows’ attendance at the premiere of their work. Requests will be considered on the basis of need and available funding.